Our friends over at MudGear have entered the rucking footwear market with a boot that was built for speed. I mean, the named them the “Speed Ruck” Partnering with Rucking World Champion Mark Jones and shoe manufacturer VJ Shoes, MudGear brings a fresh take on the rucking boot.
Mudgear Speed Ruck Boots Video Revie
My Speed Ruck Boot Quick Take
I obviously cover a lot more information on the video review above, but here is the quick take for those who want the highlights:
- The boot feels really comfortable.
- The toe area has a fairly dramatic upward curve. Despite my concern, this feature is what makes the boot the “speed” ruck. It literally feels like the boot just wants to go fast.
- The boot is lightweight but feel incredibly durable.
- I love the ankle coverage with the low cut around the heel. Best of the boot and shoe world.
- I would size up 1/2 over GORUCK boots.
- Tread is really solid. Feels good in urban and off road environments.
- Appropriate cushion. Doesn’t feel spongy but absorbs impact well under load.
- Want to go fast under heavy load? These things will deliver!