Like many of you, Coronavirus has thrown a major wrench in my rhythm of life. As I’ve been adjusting, I’ve had no time to write or work on any of my side projects… well, except RuckingChallenges.com.
Today, I skipped my morning workout in order to create a post I’ve wanted/needed to do for several week. So much has been happing in the rucking world… here’s my best efforts at a recap.
- GORUCK events are postponed or canceled through at least May 30th.
- The RuckingChallenges.com offering this month is pretty fun. Ruck as far as you can, but each mile has to be faster than the last. The patch is sweet. Check it out!
- GORUCK partnered with Pets for Patriots for another edition of Ruck Your Dog. This is a great opportunity to get some miles and support a great cause.
- Since all GORUCK events have been shut down because of Coronavirus, they have started a virtual Star Course. They have maps for over 150 cities and some pretty sweet patches you can earn. Great way to get out, get miles, and stay active.
- Oh… and if you’re a parent, we’ve got some big news on a project launching later this week. Keep your eyes out for this one. You won’t want to miss it!
- GORUCK is moving its warehouse to Florida and had a big sale. Because of the move, inventory on their site is pretty limited.
- GORUCK re-released the American Training Shorts. These were crazy popular last year. I grabbed a pair (last year) and have been very happy with them.
- GORUCK also released a new American Training Shirt. At $60 for a nice, technical shirt… I’m skeptical. I mean, I bought one for sure… but still skeptical.
- If you visit the American Training Shorts page, you’ll see a picture with this little plate carrier. We saw it make an appearance in GORUCK Selection. Could it be getting closer to release?
- Jason has basically said that, when it comes to GOURCK apparel, whatever is on the site (or gets added) is all the inventory they’ll have this year due to global supply chain issues and everyone converting to making facemasks and such. Not sure what that means for Rucks.
- GORUCK will have facemasks in stock very soon.
- Great post by an ER Doc & Former Special Forces Medic on what to do if you get Covid-19.
- Jason had a fun post where he told everyone to shave their heads and donate $19 to a charity.
- Don’t have a facemask? Here are instructions for using a shemagh as a makeshift facemask.
- Emily has some tips for all those families going quarantine crazy.
- Jason’s garage gym setup.
- 4 ways to keep training in all this craziness.
- If you want something to watch, these vignettes are pretty cool. We Will Prevail: A Series of Historical Vignettes from Ft. Bragg.
- This is really good. 7 Quick Tips to Stay Ruck Ready and Keep Training Anywhere.
- Oh yeah… Jason, Emily, and Richard started a podcast: Glorious Professionals.
I’m sure I missed some stuff. Anything else out there I missed in the last month? If so, sound off in the comments.
It is some crazy times, folks. Stay safe and wash your hands, ya weirdos.
Thanks for your love and support!
Cover photo by Dan Sell.