Here is the latest Rucking news and updates that we know about. If we missed anything, sound off in the comments.
- Jaala Shaw, who is active in the GORUCK community and is an avid CrossFiter, wrote a post about the Ruck Run that appeared in the recent CrossFit games. Here, Jaala shares some tips on ruck running.
- Last weekend there were a lot of GORUCK 9/11 Events around the country. Here is a great post with lots of pictures and quotes from the 9/11 GORUCK event in NYC.
- In the same vein, Erin shared with us her 9/11 HTL AAR and it is pretty great. Well worth the read for all those who want to earn their bolts some day.
- This post is a couple weeks old, but man is it good! Emily shares 5 tips for those who want their kids to ruck with them. I’d add a 6th, which works for my kids… patches!
- Probably the biggest news of the week was the pre-order release of the new GORUCK low-top rucking shoes, branded the I/O Cross Trainers. The page was actually taken down for a couple days and reappeared shortly before this post went live. The biggest change we can see is that the optional embossing of the flag has changed from vertical to horizontal.
- USA made GR3 was released in the steel colorway.
- GORUCK released the 10lb Ruck Sandbags that we saw during the CrossFit Games. They come in 3 packs and are just really cute tiny sandbags.
- Potential new footware product in development? At the very end of this week’s GORUCK Show, Lee McCarthy was answering a question about wheter the new I/O Trainers were good for CrossFit. He replied that they would be good for most things and then mentioned that they wouldn’t be good for something like rope climbs and then he said, “but, I think we might be working on something for that.” It was just a statement in passing, but it grabbed my attention. Could GORUCK be working on an even more “CrossFittish” training shoe?
- Monthly Rucking Challenges is running a 50% off sale on a number of their previous challenges. Grab a patch and commit to a previous challenge for just $6. This is a limited time offer.
- A number of European events were released this week including some Star Courses, Toughs, and Lights. Head over to the event map and scroll over to Europe to see what all is available.
- There are still a number of Travis Manion Foundation 9/11 Heroes Run (and Ruck) events all over the US this month.
- GORUCK Ruck Club Callout should be dropping in the next day or two. All we know is that it is something they’ve never done before and the patch glows in the dark.
- REMINDER – Rucking Challenges September Challenge is a pretty intense memorial ruck in remembrance of 9/11.
- REMINDER – GORUCK’s monthly challenge is a rucking fundraiser to support Team RWB.