Good grief! What a crazy couple months. Despite a ton of activity in the Rucking community, I haven’t had time or bandwidth to post a Rucking Roundup since November 6th!
So, I apologize, but this will be a long one!
That said, here is the latest Rucking news and updates that we know about. If we missed anything, sound off in the comments.
- First, if you haven’t checked out the February Monthly Rucking Challenge, this challenge and patch are HOT.
- Related, RuckingChallenges.com is trying out a new “Ruck Club” option in order to help Ruck Clubs engage their members with the monthly challenges.
Worth Reading – Ruck.Beer
- We posted an initial Review of GORUCK I/O Trainers. Short version: I wear them every day now.
- I posted my AAR from the H/T/B I did over Veterans Day.
- Derek caught up with two more GRT for his “Meet the GRT” series. He interviewed Matt Greiner and then Lisa Stephenson.
Worth Reading – GORUCK.com
- Emily shares a personal post about her and Jason’s son, Ryan, and how heavy work (including rucking) was part of the Rx for his Sensory Processing Disorder.
- GQ (yes, the magazine) named the GR2 “Best Travel Backpack.”
- Women’s Health (yes, the magazine) picks GR1 for award.
- Men’s Health (yes, the magazine) gives award to GORUCK Sandbags.
- Jason was (finally) on the Jocko Podcast.
- Wow! From 340lb in late 40’s to first Tough at 51, this is a great rucking communtiy story!
- Another great community story by Vic and the impact rucking and the community has had on him.
- Loadout nerds will apprecite seeing Jason’s packing job for a recent trip.
- Did someone say CrossFit? Cause, I thought I heard someone say CrossFit. Well, here’s more GORUCK + CrossFit goodness.
- GORUCK is in the Google Hall of Fame.
- Jason awarded “If Not Me, Then Who…” award from Travis Manion Foundation.
- Emily was on the Run Lift Mom podcast.
- And, finally, GORUCK was on Fox News.
- Full Zip Grid Fleece just dropped in the store.
- According to my sources, the new I/O Cross Trainers are supposed to be for sale “once all the pre-orders ship.” Here’s our initial review.
- On the Insta, Emily reported testing out a prototype GORUCK sports bra.
- Emily mentioned online that when the GORUCK Leggings (we talked about them here) finally drop, there will be a slick version and a version with pockets. Sadly, no news on ETA for these or the Women’s Training Shorts.
- Jason (well, technically Ryan) was testing what looks to be a Speed Rucker or a KR1 with a built in waterbottle holder.
- GORUCK is challenging everyone to walk an average of 10,000 steps per day… all year.
- The above challenge was GORUCK’s January Challenge and Ruck Club Challenge.
- In this passionate community, GORUCK lives under a microscope. So, it didn’t go unnoticed that GORUCK parted ways with several employees at the start of the new year. I suspect this is just totally normal life of running a small but growing business and I’m not reading too much into it. Wishing well to all those who are on to find new opportunities.
- The above said, there are still several positions GORUCK is looking to fill if you want a job.
The Wayback Machine
- Now that the Speed Rucker is out, here’s the post were we tried to figoure out what it was going to be over a year before the release.
- Everyone loves Bomber. Here is an interview we did with him a couple years ago.
- All this CrossFit talk got me all worked up. Here’s a post I wrote a while ago about my interactions with GORUCK and CrossFit. Did I mention CrossFit yet? CrossFit.
Did we miss anything this week? Sound off in the comments below.
Cover photo by Dan Sell.
Every 2023 GORUCK Tribe Theme, Workout, Book, and Additional Tasks
Which GORUCK Bag Should I Buy?
GORUCK M22 Rucksack Review
Best Shoes/Boots for GORUCK
Which GORUCK Bag Should I Buy?
GORUCK Rucker 4.0 Review
GORUCK Simple Sandbag & Sandbag 2.0 Review
GORUCK Weight Vest Review (with Video)