Rucking Roundup – January 25, 2020
So, I apologize, but this will be a long one!
That said, here is the latest Rucking news and updates that we know about. If we missed anything, sound off in the comments.
- First, if you haven’t checked out the February Monthly Rucking Challenge, this challenge and patch are HOT.
- Related, RuckingChallenges.com is trying out a new “Ruck Club” option in order to help Ruck Clubs engage their members with the monthly challenges.
Worth Reading – Ruck.Beer
- We posted an initial Review of GORUCK I/O Trainers. Short version: I wear them every day now.
- I posted my AAR from the H/T/B I did over Veterans Day.
- Derek caught up with two more GRT for his “Meet the GRT” series. He interviewed Matt Greiner and then Lisa Stephenson.
Worth Reading – GORUCK.com
- Emily shares a personal post about her and Jason’s son, Ryan, and how heavy work (including rucking) was part of the Rx for his Sensory Processing Disorder.
- GQ (yes, the magazine) named the GR2 “Best Travel Backpack.”
- Women’s Health (yes, the magazine) picks GR1 for award.
- Men’s Health (yes, the magazine) gives award to GORUCK Sandbags.
- Jason was (finally) on the Jocko Podcast.
- Wow! From 340lb in late 40’s to first Tough at 51, this is a great rucking communtiy story!
- Another great community story by Vic and the impact rucking and the community has had on him.
- Loadout nerds will apprecite seeing Jason’s packing job for a recent trip.
- Did someone say CrossFit? Cause, I thought I heard someone say CrossFit. Well, here’s more GORUCK + CrossFit goodness.
- GORUCK is in the Google Hall of Fame.
- Jason awarded “If Not Me, Then Who…” award from Travis Manion Foundation.
- Emily was on the Run Lift Mom podcast.
- And, finally, GORUCK was on Fox News.
- Full Zip Grid Fleece just dropped in the store.
- According to my sources, the new I/O Cross Trainers are supposed to be for sale “once all the pre-orders ship.” Here’s our initial review.
- On the Insta, Emily reported testing out a prototype GORUCK sports bra.
- Emily mentioned online that when the GORUCK Leggings (we talked about them here) finally drop, there will be a slick version and a version with pockets. Sadly, no news on ETA for these or the Women’s Training Shorts.
- Jason (well, technically Ryan) was testing what looks to be a Speed Rucker or a KR1 with a built in waterbottle holder.
- GORUCK is challenging everyone to walk an average of 10,000 steps per day… all year.
- The above challenge was GORUCK’s January Challenge and Ruck Club Challenge.
- In this passionate community, GORUCK lives under a microscope. So, it didn’t go unnoticed that GORUCK parted ways with several employees at the start of the new year. I suspect this is just totally normal life of running a small but growing business and I’m not reading too much into it. Wishing well to all those who are on to find new opportunities.
- The above said, there are still several positions GORUCK is looking to fill if you want a job.
The Wayback Machine
- Now that the Speed Rucker is out, here’s the post were we tried to figoure out what it was going to be over a year before the release.
- Everyone loves Bomber. Here is an interview we did with him a couple years ago.
- All this CrossFit talk got me all worked up. Here’s a post I wrote a while ago about my interactions with GORUCK and CrossFit. Did I mention CrossFit yet? CrossFit.
Did we miss anything this week? Sound off in the comments below.
Cover photo by Dan Sell.